Monday 26 October 2020

What does the job of IT systems administrator consist of?

Patrick: My job as an IT systems administrator consists of dealing with problems related to the server, workstations and basic software. I install the software, I check their version, I adapt them, I administer them, I do development if necessary, I provide technical support.

Hélène: The system administrator has an important role within the company. Here are my main daily missions: software installation, system update, creation of user accounts, management of WiFi, mail servers, advice and assistance to users sysadmin skills.

Nolane: I consider myself to be a versatile IT technician able to manage the entire IT system of a company (hardware, applications, servers, networks).

What do you like most about your job?

Patrick: I like to keep an eye on everything. I take care of the functioning of the system, but also of its security and its evolution.

Hélène: I really like interactions with users. I am happy to be able to help them out and be of service to them. I also like to train interns within my company.

Nolane: I have a more particular affection for the system rather than the network. I do a little bit of code and everything related to software and the operating system interests me.

What do you like least about your job?

Patrick: When you work in a service provider, you must always be prepared to intervene in the context of very serious emergencies and on often staggered time slots.

Hélène: There is nothing that I don't like about my job. Except perhaps having to deal with the stress of users when they experience outages.

Nolane: I don't like when I have too many trips to do because it encroaches on my family life.

What are the qualities required to exercise this profession?

Patrick: You have to be patient and listen.

Hélène: You have to be resourceful and an educator.

Nolane: You have to be aware of the latest technological innovations and know as many types of servers or operating systems as possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What You Can Model with the Heat Transfer Module

Conduction, Convection, and Radiation Analyses The Heat Transfer Module can be used to study the three types of heat transfer in detail, exp...